Love summer: At Brighton Beach
- The sun is shining, and in spite of its reputation, London can get a little hot in the summer! (Ok so not as hot as Australia, but hot enough!)
- Grab your sunhat and sunscreen we are off to Brighton Beach!
- We’ll enjoy a trip on the train, reaching Brighton in time to spend hours of sun loving fun on the Brighton Pier.
- The Brighton Marine Palace and Pier, commonly known as Brighton Pier or the Palace Pier is a Grade II listed pleasure pier in Brighton. It opened in 1899 and is the only pier still operating in the city. It quickly became popular and was a frequently-visited entertainment venue throughout the early and mid-20th century.
- Towards the end of the century, as fashions began to change, the pier’s old theatre was demolished and replaced with a series of fairground rides, turning the pier into an amusement park. It remains popular with the public, with over 4 million visitors in 2016, and has been featured in many works of British culture, including the gangster thriller Brighton Rock, the comedy Carry on at Your Convenience and The Who’s concept album and film Quadrophenia.
- Lunch is included in the tour, and we will return to London in time for you to enjoy your own family dinner after collecting your child.
- 9.00 am Drop off
- 11.00 am Arrival at Brighton
- 1.00 pm Lunch
- 4.30 pm Departure from Brighton
- 6.00 pm Pick up
- A towel
- Swimwear or a set of clothes to change into
- A backpack
- A water bottle
- Good walking shoes!